- In total 115 youth and 2 community members participated and contributed to 133 volunteer hours!
- 25 volunteers were introduced to Portage Park, and 25 volunteers had never removed invasive species before!
- We removed 6 cubic metres of invasive plants!
- Our longest ivy vine that the youth removed was 24ft long!
Before and After Photos
- Develop a sense of belonging to community and place
- Have improved mental and physical health
- Connect to nature, which leads to environmentally responsible behaviour
- Learn about local environmental issues and actions they can take
- Learn the value of bringing together people to work towards a common goal
- Become leaders in their communities
- Increase confidence, resilience and perseverance