- In total 2 community members participated and contributed to 6.5 volunteer hours!
- Both volunteers were introduced to Brethour Park, while 1 volunteer had never removed invasive species before!
- We removed 3 cubic metres of invasive plants and revitalized 80 square metres of forest!
- We uncovered a pretty big field of our native Trailing Blackberry!
Before and After Photos
- Develop a sense of belonging to community and place
- Have improved mental and physical health
- Connect to nature, which leads to environmentally responsible behaviour
- Learn about local environmental issues and actions they can take
- Learn the value of bringing together people to work towards a common goal
- Become leaders in their communities
- Increase confidence, resilience and perseverance