- In total 22 community members participated and contributed to 57 volunteer hours!
- 20 volunteers were introduced to Knockan Hill, while 4 volunteers had never removed invasive species before!
- We removed 9.5 cubic metres of invasive species, and cleared 48 metres sq. of land of invasives!
- The Camas were in full bloom, so the Garry Oak meadows looked stunning!
Before and After Photos
- Develop a sense of belonging to community and place
- Have improved mental and physical health
- Connect to nature, which leads to environmentally responsible behaviour
- Learn about local environmental issues and actions they can take
- Learn the value of bringing together people to work towards a common goal
- Become leaders in their communities
- Increase confidence, resilience and perseverance
“It is always good to feel that I am giving back” – Greg
“I enjoyed the satisfaction of removing so much ivy from this lovely park.This program has a big impact because as the saying goes many hands make light work.” – Barbara