We are returning to this same location in two weeks to plant trees! By clearing away invasive species first, we’ll be giving the incoming trees the best possible chance to survive and flourish.
- In total 10 community members participated and contributed to 31 volunteer hours!
- 9 volunteers were introduced to Peter Grant Park, while 4 volunteers had never removed invasive species before!
- We removed 8 cubic metres of invasive plants and revitalized about 150 square metres of forest!
- We found and disassembled a massive English Laurel tree!
Before and After Photos
- Develop a sense of belonging to community and place
- Have improved mental and physical health
- Connect to nature, which leads to environmentally responsible behaviour
- Learn about local environmental issues and actions they can take
- Learn the value of bringing together people to work towards a common goal
- Become leaders in their communities
- Increase confidence, resilience and perseverance
“I appreciated that the area we cleared would be planted with native species and that there is a lot of thinking going on of how we need to plant for our future climate. I found this interesting.” – Peter
“I enjoyed working together with others to improve the community, meeting other like minded folk!” – Jason