- In total 31 community members participated and contributed to 97 volunteer hours!
- 25 volunteers were introduced to Queenswood Campus, while 14 volunteers had never removed invasive species before!
- We removed 16.5 cubic metres of invasive plants and saved about 20 trees from being strangled by ivy!
- 16 of our volunteers today were UVic students!
- We noticed area that we previously cleared of invasive species have grown in with our native Trailing Blackberry!
Before and After Photos
- Develop a sense of belonging to community and place
- Have improved mental and physical health
- Connect to nature, which leads to environmentally responsible behaviour
- Learn about local environmental issues and actions they can take
- Learn the value of bringing together people to work towards a common goal
- Become leaders in their communities
- Increase confidence, resilience and perseverance