On July 14th, on a blistering sunny day, the Lower Mainland Green Team tackled Policeman’s Helmet at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby.
This activity was made possible by the City of Burnaby – thank you Melinda!
Thanks to everyone who participated: Kyasha, Catarina, Friday, Kathy, Ly, Peter, Curtis, Brian, Suzie, Jessica, Jenna, Brandon, Victor, Bahung, Chris, Mabel, Austin, Chloe and Otis
Volunteers at Deer Lake Park
For more photos please click HERE
- 19 volunteers contributed 57 hours
- We removed 2 cubic metres of Policeman’s Helmet
- Victor, Brian, and Suzie helped lead and supervise the volunteers
- Brian rode his bicycle to the event!
- Many trail users stopped to chat and ask us questions
- Kim spotted a coyote after the event!
What Volunteers Said
The impact for this program is providing an opportunity for like-minded individuals to contribute towards management of public parks and green spaces. Spreading awareness of the impacts of invasive species on local environments. – Vic Balon
I enjoyed getting outside, doing a little bit for our local ecology and meeting a great mix of people. – Kathy
It educates the public of important environmental concepts and knowledge. – Friday Chen
PHOTOS OF WHAT WE PULLED
VOLUNTEERS IN ACTION