Invasive Species Month in BC!
The Greater Victoria Green Team and Esquimalt Branch Out program removed a ton of Scotch Broom from Macaulay Point Park during the very sunny Saturday!
A big thank you to Esquimalt Parks’ Staff, Anna, Eric and Charles for your hard work and awesome enthusiasm! Thank you to Esquimalt Community Grant for helping support this GVGT activity and others in Esquimalt this year!
Thank-you to all of the amazing people for making a big difference and participating: Lori, Chris, Jory, Helena, Ellen, Esther, Jennifer, Langqing, Larry, Marjorie, Shuyao, Marilyn, Zhiyuan, Affif, Diane, Rita and Andy.
Our amazing community of eco-heroes!
- 17 volunteers were engaged and contributed 48 volunteer hours
- 7 of the volunteers had never been to Macaulay Point Park before
- 5 of the volunteers had never removed Scotch Broom before!
- We removed 18 cubic metres of invasive broom and daphne!
- We revitalized an area measuring approx. 500 square metres
- We got to see a young Bald Eagle at the beginning of the event!
- 5 of the volunteers had volunteered the day previously at our Green Team volunteer event at Royal Roads University!!
Before and After photo
Volunteers in Action