Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers came out in the pouring rain and removed Himalayan blackberry and trash from Mackin Park in Coquitlam.
This activity was made possible in partnership with the City of Coquitlam– thank you Brad, Elise and Caresse!
Also, a big thank you to the LMGT leaders Doug and Suzie!
Thank you to all the volunteers for making a big difference:
Alex, Art, Brian, Bryan, Doug, Jeremy, Karissa, Laurel, Mae, Quoc, Sierra, Susy, Steven, and Yunwen!
- 14 volunteers participated and contributed 42 volunteer hours
- 2 cubic metres of Himalayan blackberry crowns (root) was removed
- Volunteers filled 3 garbage bags of trash, they found along the creek
- Half of our volunteers joined us for the first time and 8 people had never visited the park before today!
- Our volunteers showed up despite the rain!
What volunteers said:
Karissa said “Was a lot of fun! Enjoyed learning and helping out with the community and environment. I feel the impact is it’s practical, fun and easy way to get involved and make a positive impact on the enviroment and have a sense of community”
Suzie said “I enjoyed meeting and getting to know new people today.”
Before and After Photos: