The Greater Victoria Green Team has been busy at work throughout the Capital Region since August 2014. The Program Manager, Amanda Evans, believes that fostering a connection between people and nature is vital to the health and well-being of our planet, and plans to continue to motivate and encourage the community to get outside, get their hands dirty and restore habitat.
- Remove invasive plants
- Plant native species
- Pick up litter from shorelines, creeks and parks
- Maintain and build trails
- Prepare vegetable beds, harvest veggies on educational farms
So far, the group has:
- Grown to over 3,000 volunteers
- Run 350+ activities
- Revitalized 30,000 square meters of habitat and 3,000 cubic meters of invasive plants and
- Worked in over 85 different parks in all municipalities in the CRD
- Planted 10,000+ native plants and trees!
Volunteer Victoria Award